Senior Backend Engineer APPLY NOW
My Lads is a technology company working in the sports industry in the segment of fan engagement.
We work with sports teams worldwide to delight the fans through AR experiences that are meaningful and connect with the fans wherever they are.
Our retail product is a collectible that tells the story of the sports team through the equipment of the teams, it is then further enhanced through AR experiences to take it to the next level.
Come and join us in that next level!
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join one of our product teams, you’ll be responsible together with the team for one or more of our products.
Ideally, you have a degree in computer science or similar experience and have a preference for functional programming and distributed systems, you understand git and have been exposed to cloud infrastructures where you feel at ease with several key components of it such as messaging capabilities, key/value stores, and object stores, implementing APIs comes to you naturally as well as SQL and testing.
It would be nice if you’ve worked with Postgres databases and understand the actor model and domain-driven design, but that’s something we can teach you while on the job.
Drop us a line and let us know how you can help us drive fan engagement further!
- Health insurance
- Coverflex subscription giving you access to some great perks and discounts
- Skip the office and work from home when needed
- Manage the work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Get enough time off to recharge, with 25 paid days of vacation plus an extra day for your birthday. Hip Hip Hooray!
- And plenty of (Covid permitting) office socials to keep you smiling
- Coffee, Drinks, snacks
- Regular team events, as we never miss a chance to play hard
- An informal work environment, good mood, and casual dressing
- Your favorite official team jersey
- Football matches tickets
- Welcome tech kit
- MyLads Equity plan
- Annual budget for courses, conferences, etc.
- Company Bonus paid every 6 months
Currently, we are all working from home but we are not planning on being a 100% remote company, our future plan is to implement a hybrid routine and with this, you would have to be living in Lisbon.